Car rentals in Bend: All you need to know
A Bend car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Oregon has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Bend. Keep reading to find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
How do I get a great deal on a rental car in Bend?
You are on your way to finding the best rate on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. However, you can remember a couple things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you book
- Determine what car you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Bend?
In Bend, CarRentals.com has a few car rental suppliers to decide from, like Avis. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Bend?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Oregon town means you're bound to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Bend?
Generally, the age limit for car rentals in Bend is 21. But, you may find that there is an added charge if you are under 25 or for larger or higher category vehicles. Read over the terms to determine what the exact price will be before you book your vehicle.
Does Bend require rental car insurance?
Almost all countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to purchase temporary insurance through the rental car company. Otherwise, as a United States citizen, you can also add on Collision Damage Coverage through CarRentals.com at checkout. Several credit card issuers (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) will offer coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, like not covering larger automobiles like premium models or some SUVs. Make sure to find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you travel to Bend.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to find a gas station near the drop-off location
What fuel policy should I get?
At CarRentals.com, we encourage a full to full policy. You receive the vehicle with a full tank, and you should bring it back it with a full tank. To avoid any added expenses, it is best to find a gas station before bringing the rental car. Stations near airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for anyone who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you get going on your Bend trip, check out a few things before you leave the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Walk around your vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Bend car rental today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. CarRentals.com has the ideal car rental that can fit your needs and not break the bank.