Car rentals in Eugene: All you need to know
You need a great car to get around Eugene whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. See the top sites around the area and park in front of the best restaurants in Eugene. We've collected the most popular questions about renting a car in Eugene. Read on to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I find a great deal on a rental car in Eugene?
You are on your way to finding the best deal on your car rental by going through us. However, you can remember a couple things to keep your next rental affordable. You can:
- Read through the mileage policy to steer clear of any surprise fees
- Book your rental as far in advance as possible
- Avoid airport pick-ups or drop-offs if possible; they commonly are pricier
- Compare daily and weekly rates; you may save more with a longer rental
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Eugene.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Eugene?
CarRentals.com has around a half-dozen car rental providers to choose from in Eugene. You'll find some of the best brands, like Budget. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Eugene?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Eugene. If you're having difficulty deciding, be sure to go over the table below. We have compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Eugene?
Normally, the age limit for car rentals in Eugene is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read through the terms to determine what the exact price will be before you book your vehicle.
Does Eugene require rental car insurance?
Insurance is required, wherever you rent a vehicle. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, those policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it is required, you can simply include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to find a gas station close to the drop-off location
What fuel policy should I get?
Most suppliers give you a full to full tank policy. We advise returning your car with a full tank of gas. To avoid any added expenses, it is best to fill up your tank before you bring your car back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Eugene?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should take time to:
- Look over your vehicle and make sure there is no dents or scrapes. If you notice any, write it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Eugene car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Eugene has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Eugene.