Car rentals in Omaha: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Omaha whether you're going for a business or pleasure. Check out the famous sites around the city and park in front of the popular restaurants in Omaha. CarRentals.com has collected your most popular questions about renting a car in Omaha. Read on to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a bargain rental car in Omaha?
You're well on your way to locating the best deal on your car rental when you use us. However, to get the most savings on your trip to Omaha you can do a few things. You can:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Determine what vehicle you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Omaha rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Omaha?
We have around 22 rental suppliers that you can pick from. We have budget-friendly names like Fox and Budget and global ones like Avis and Sixt. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Omaha?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Omaha. If you're having difficulty choosing, make sure to go over our table below. We have compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Omaha?
Normally, the age limit for renting a car in Omaha is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to go through the rental agreement to determine what the total will be before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Omaha?
Insurance is mandatory, wherever you're renting a car. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Omaha. Check in advance and, if it is necessary, you can conveniently add it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out winner. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Omaha?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for anyone who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the details on mileage limits before you book.
What are some must-see sights in Omaha?
You'll be thankful you have a car so you can see all that Omaha has to do. The Durham Museum and Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium should be on your must-see list when you do some sightseeing Omaha.
Before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Omaha adventure, be sure you check a few items before you leave the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Walk around the vehicle and be certain there is no damage or scratches. If so, write it down on your paperwork
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Omaha rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Omaha has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the well-known restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Omaha.