Car rentals in Ogden: All you need to know
An Ogden car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Utah has to offer. We've answered the most popular questions about renting a car in Ogden. Keep reading to discover the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I get a bargain car rental in Ogden?
CarRentals.com always tries to get you the best price. But, you can do a few things to keep your next booking affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the total cost before you rent
- Determine the car you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Ogden rental car.
What rental companies have retailers in Ogden?
In Ogden, we have a few rental car companies to pick from, like Enterprise. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Ogden?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Ogden. If you're having a little trouble choosing, make sure to go over the chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Ogden?
Generally, to rent a car in Ogden you must be at least 21. Please note, there might be an additional charge if you're under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category rentals. Read over the supplier's terms to figure out what the exact rate will be before you book your car.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Ogden?
When driving in Ogden or the rest of the United States, you'll need insurance. Many suppliers require that you show proof of insurance before you pick up your automobile. Almost all countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy temporary coverage with the rental supplier. Additionally, as a U.S. citizen, you can also purchase Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com at checkout.
Although many of the major card issuers, like Visa and MasterCard, provide some coverage, there are usually restrictions. For example, you may not be covered if you reserve a luxury or larger vehicle. Be sure to check your rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find an open gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually recommend that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Ogden?
If you want to see all that Ogden and maybe even the rest of Utah offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Ogden. Read the fine print to be sure they are actually "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Ogden adventure, go over a few items prior to leaving the lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the car and determine if there is any dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Ogden car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal car that can align with your needs and not deplete your travel fund.