Car rentals in Monticello: All you need to know
A Monticello car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even see what the rest of New York has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered your most popular questions about car rentals in Monticello. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How do I find a great deal on a rental car in Monticello?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to snag budget-friendly rates. Just type in your travel dates and scroll through the variety of rental car companies, select the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Monticello has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Decide the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Monticello.
What rental companies have outlets in Monticello?
From budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget to global names like Hertz and Sixt, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Monticello?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Monticello. If you're having difficulty choosing, make sure to read over the table below. We've compared the most popular categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Monticello?
Normally, to rent a car in Monticello you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an added charge if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category vehicles. Go through the terms to discover what the exact charge will be before you book your rental.
Does Monticello require rental car insurance?
Insurance is always required, wherever you rent a car. With that said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, these policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it's required, you can simply add it at checkout.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to find an open gas station near your car rental supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually advise that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Monticello?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for anyone who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you drive off
Be sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Walk around your vehicle and make certain there is no dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Monticello car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Monticello has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the well-known restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Monticello.