Car rentals in Naples: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Naples whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Explore the top sites around town and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Naples. We've collected the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Naples. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I find a great deal on a car rental in Naples?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book budget-friendly rates. Just enter your travel dates and go down the variety of rental companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the best packages Naples has to offer. You can also:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Usually, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Naples rental car.
What rental companies have outlets in Naples?
There are around seven car rental providers to decide from in Naples. You'll find some of the best suppliers, like Hertz. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Naples?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Naples. If you're having trouble picking the right car, be sure to read over our chart below. We have compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Naples?
Typically, to rent a car in Naples you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an added fee if you are under 25 or for higher category cars. Read through the terms to determine what the exact rate will be before you book your vehicle.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Naples?
When driving around Naples or the rest of Italy, you'll need insurance. Many suppliers need proof of insurance before you pick up your vehicle. The majority of countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to pay for interim insurance through the rental supplier.
The major credit card issuers (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) will generally offer coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, such as not covering large vehicles like trucks or SUVs. It is best to call and find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Naples.
What is the fuel policy for Naples rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to find a gas station close to the drop-off location
What fuel policy should I get?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Naples.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Naples?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
What are some things to do in Naples?
There is tons to see and do in Naples. This city has around 11 attractions that it is known for. Some of the most popular are:
- Via San Gregorio Armeno (Christmas Alley)
- Certosa e Museo di San Martino
- Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius
Lucky for you, you'll be able to drive to the one you want or visit them all.
Know before you go
Before you get going on your Naples adventure, make sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over your vehicle and be certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Naples car rental today
Know that you can count on a great vehicle that will result in more extra cash in the bank when you book with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Naples rental car. We'll see you around town.