Car rentals in Manaus: All you need to know
A Manaus car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what else the rest of the region has to offer. We've gathered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Manaus. Keep reading to find out the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
Where do I find a bargain rental car in Manaus?
You are well on your way to finding the best deal on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. However, you can do a couple things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with any added costs
- Don't rent more vehicle than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have retailers in Manaus?
In Manaus, there are a few rental car companies to pick from, like Hertz. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Manaus?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Manaus. If you're having difficulty deciding, be sure to go over our chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Manaus?
Normally, to rent a car in Manaus you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to determine any additional charges will be before you rent your car.
Does Manaus require rental car insurance?
Insurance is always required, no matter where you're renting a car. That said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Look into it before you book and, if it is needed, you can conveniently add it at checkout.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for a gas station near the drop-off location
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually advise that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Manaus?
Unlimited miles is a great choice if you decide to do a little sightseeing or visit a lot of clients all over Manaus. You can drive as much as you like and not incur added charges. Read over your rental agreement to see if there are mileage limitations.
Before you drive off
Make sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should take time to:
- Walk around your car and determine if there is any dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable working the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Manaus rental car today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. No matter the situation, CarRentals.com has a vehicle that can align with your requirement and not break the bank.