Car rentals in Maastricht: All you need to know
A Maastricht car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of the region has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered the most popular questions about car rentals in Maastricht. Read on to see which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I get a great deal on a rental car in Maastricht?
You're well on your way to finding the best deal on your car rental with us. However, you can remember a few things to keep your next booking affordable. Make sure to:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with any added costs
- Decide what car you'll need for your drive. Don't rent more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Maastricht rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Maastricht?
In Maastricht, there are 3 car rental companies to decide from, like Sixt. Scan through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Maastricht?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this city means you're certain to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Maastricht?
Generally, to rent a car in Maastricht you must be at least 21. However, there might be an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category cars in particular. Read through the supplier's terms to figure out what the exact charge will be before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Maastricht?
Almost all countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to pay for interim coverage with the rental car company.Many credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will provide some coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, like not covering large automobiles such as premium models or some SUVs. It is best to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Maastricht.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
At CarRentals.com, we encourage a full to full policy. You should get into your car with the needle at "F". If you return your rental with less than the amount you received it with, most companies will charge a premium to top it back off. For a cheaper rate, fill up your tank before returning the rental car. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Maastricht?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for those who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the fine print before you book.
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Check out your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Maastricht car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Maastricht has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the well-known restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Maastricht.