What are the major attractions in Lincoln?
If your trip to Lincoln is all sorted out but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Nebraska State Capitol are cool attractions that all visitors should make time to check out. Plan out a route and spend a couple of hours soaking up each one.
Not far from the city center, Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center is one attraction you might like to put on your to-do list. Great Plains Art Museum and Lied Center are also a stone's throw away and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near Lincoln?
Make sure the gas tank is full, because there are a few good reasons to go exploring beyond Lincoln. They include Creighton University in Omaha — a well-known road-trip destination just 50 miles away. University of Nebraska-Omaha is also a popular attraction.
Where are the best convention centers near Lincoln?
If you're mostly here for business reasons, you'll likely be heading to Lancaster Event Center. It's located 6 miles away.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Lincoln?
Here are our top tips on how to hit the road with some savings in your wallet:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top rental companies in just a couple of clicks;
- By submitting your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all the unbeatable deals for your chosen location;
- Research is the key to getting the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- If you have room to move in your schedule, modify your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be similar (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you could be required to pay for a full extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your back pocket. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental vehicle;
- And lastly, lock in your favorite set of wheels as soon as you possibly can to score the biggest savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Lincoln?
Some travelers find dodging traffic in big cities a bit challenging. But in a small car like a mini or compact, those bustling Lincoln streets will be a snap. Rather spend your days exploring the surrounding foothills? Take a look at our awesome range of full-size and mid-size SUVs. With plenty of cargo space and power under the hood, these larger vehicles will make those scenic drives even more unforgettable. Crossing off all the sights and activities that Lincoln is famous for has never been easier with your own set of wheels.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Lincoln?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes finding the right car important. If you're planning an epic road trip around Lincoln, a comfortable SUV could be a good choice. If you'd like the cheapest possible price and plan on doing a lot of city driving, an economy car is a smart pick. All you have to do is work out what'll suit you best, throw your bags in the back seat, and hit the highway.