Car rentals in Lexington: All you need to know
A Lexington car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even see what the rest of Kentucky has to offer. We've gathered the most popular questions about renting a car in Lexington. Read on to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I find a great deal on a car rental in Lexington?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to get the cheapest rates. Just type in your travel dates and scroll down the variety of car rental companies, select the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Lexington. You should also:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the total cost before you rent
- Don't get more car than you need. Normally, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Lexington rental car.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Lexington?
There are around 16 car rental suppliers in the Lexington area. You'll find well-known companies like Enterprise and Hertz and wallet-friendly suppliers like Economy and Budget. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Lexington?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Lexington. If you're having difficulty picking the right car, make sure to look over our chart below. We have compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Lexington?
Normally, to rent a car in Lexington you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals. Read through the supplier's terms to discover what any additional fees is before you book your vehicle.
Does Lexington require rental car insurance?
Insurance is always required, wherever you're renting a car. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide total coverage, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Look into it before you book and, if it's required, you can conveniently include it at checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many rental car suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out choice. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Lexington.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Lexington?
Unlimited miles is a good option if you decide to do some sightseeing or visit several customers all over Lexington. You can cruise as much as you want without incurring additional charges. Review your rental agreement to discover if there are any limitations.
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check a few things before you leave the rental lot on your Lexington adventure. It's important to:
- Check out the vehicle and be sure there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Lexington car rental today
When you reserve with CarRentals.com, you know you can count on a wonderful vehicle that will leave you with extra cash in the bank. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Lexington car rental. We'll see you out here.