What are the major attractions in La Rochelle?
If your trip to La Rochelle is all booked but your itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a few hints and tips.
You'll have to wake up early if you're planning to check out all the interesting attractions that this place has to offer. La Rochelle Hotel de Ville and Musee du Nouveau Monde are non-negotiable. Musee des Beaux-Arts and Tour St. Nicolas shouldn't be overlooked either.
Plan a stop at Chapelle Notre-Dame de l'Esperance. It's one attraction you'll find on travelers' must-do lists. Grand Temple and New World Museum (Musee du Nouveau-Monde) are also a stone's throw away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near La Rochelle?
Fill up the gas tank, because there are some great reasons to explore beyond La Rochelle. They include Royan Church of Notre-Dame in Royan — a popular road-trip destination just 37 miles away. When you've ticked that off your list, point your wheels in the direction of Royan Beach.
Where are the best beaches near La Rochelle?
Fill up your tank, start the engine and get ready to feel the salty sea air in your hair. La Rochelle is home to some gorgeous stretches of coast, such as:
- Barrique Beach (12 miles away).
- La Couarde Beach (12 miles away).
- Grande Plage (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near La Rochelle?
Mingling and chatting with people can be draining. So if you're in La Rochelle on a business trip, you'll be thrilled to learn that there are some awesome places to rest and relax near these top convention centers:
- L'Espace Encan de La Rochelle (0.5 miles away).
- Parc des Expositions de La Rochelle (1 mile away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in La Rochelle?
Here are our top tips on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your wallet:
- Investigate as many different bargain deals as you can (we make that task a breeze!);
- By submitting only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all the unbeatable deals for your chosen location;
- Scan the offers at all rental locations, including the airport terminal and surrounding area. A short cab trip to a nearby car rental facility may mean significant savings;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your vacation plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and see what savings you can score;
- If possible, keep your pickup and drop-off times the same. If you bring back your car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged a full extra day;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your bank account. You'll score some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental car;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, along with the hottest deals! Book now to secure some impressive savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for La Rochelle?
La Rochelle knows how to entertain. You could spend a week or two here and not run out of things to do. To soak up as much as possible in this metropolis, a rental car is a must. Keep in mind that driving around the city usually goes hand in hand with tight streets and limited parking spaces. But don't worry — a compact or mini car can make this much less daunting. If you can't wait to get out of the city and check out the sandy shores that La Rochelle is well known for, you may prefer a rental car with more room. A mid-size or full-size SUV will make those road trips a dream.
Should I get a luxury rental car in La Rochelle?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to rental cars in La Rochelle. From swish SUVs with loads of space for luggage to easy-to-park compacts, you'll find it all here. Deciding on your perfect match of course depends on your budget and what activities you plan on doing. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need much more than a bargain, no-frills type model. The choice is yours.