Car rentals in Hobart: All you need to know
You want a great car to get around Hobart whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Check out the top sites around the area and park in front of the popular restaurants in Hobart. CarRentals.com has answered your most popular questions about car rentals in Hobart. Read on to find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where can I get a bargain car rental in Hobart?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best deal. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. Make sure to:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the actual cost before you book
- Determine the car you'll need for your trip. Don't get more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have agencies in Hobart?
From global names like Ace and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Hobart?
That all depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Hobart. If you're having difficulty picking the right car, make sure to look over our table below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Hobart?
Normally, to rent a car in Hobart you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to review the supplier's terms to determine what the total will be before you rent your car.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Hobart?
When cruising through Hobart or the rest of Australia, you'll need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you pick up your car. The majority of countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase interim insurance with the rental supplier.
The major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) will generally offer coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, such as not covering bigger vehicles like premium models or some SUVs. Make sure to find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you travel to Hobart.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for a gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually suggest that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for anyone who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Know before you go
Make sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot on your Hobart adventure. You should:
- Check out your car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. If so, write it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Hobart car rental today
Know that you can count on a wonderful ride that will result in more cash to spare when you book with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Hobart rental car. See you around town.