Car rentals in Edmonton: All you need to know
An Edmonton car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Alberta has to offer. CarRentals.com has gathered the most popular questions about car rentals in Edmonton. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
Where can I get a great deal on a car rental in Edmonton?
You're on your way to finding the best price on your car rental with CarRentals.com. But, you can remember a couple things to keep your upcoming booking affordable. You can:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with additional costs
- Determine the vehicle you'll need for your drive. Don't rent more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have retailers in Edmonton?
CarRentals.com has around 32 rental companies that you can choose from. We have budget-friendly names like Payless and Fox and global ones like National and Enterprise. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Edmonton?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Alberta town means you're certain to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Edmonton?
Typically, to rent a car in Edmonton you must be at least 21. Please note, there might be an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category cars. Go through the supplier's terms to figure out what any additional charges will be before you book your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Edmonton?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company, if you know your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Many credit card issuers (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) will cover your car rental. However, there may be limitations, like not covering bigger automobiles such as trucks or SUVs. It is best to call and find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you travel to Edmonton.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out choice. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a good option if you plan to do a little sightseeing or visit several clients all over Edmonton. You can cruise as much as you want without incurring extra charges. Go over your policy to see if there are mileage limitations.
Tips before you leave the lot
Make sure you check a few things before you leave the car rental lot. You should take time to:
- Walk around the vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Edmonton car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Edmonton has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Edmonton.