Where is Alberta?
The clock is ticking. Don't fritter away precious time waiting for buses and trains. Book a rental car and relish in the freedom of having your own set of wheels. Before you hit the highway, here are some basic details about Alberta. Alberta is a state of Canada. Its capital city, Edmonton, is home to approximately 712,400 people. Be sure to chat to some locals and find out more about the cool things to see and do here.
What are the major attractions in Alberta?
It's time to set off on your road trip around Alberta. If you want to discover some of its coolest sights, we can point you in the right direction. Follow the road signs until you reach Upper Hot Springs. This iconic landmark is 2 miles from the middle of Banff and is well worth stopping the car for.
What are the best road trip destinations in Alberta?
Boasting miles and miles of glorious highways and tempting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Alberta vacations into driving journeys. If you're embarking on a road trip of epic proportions, it pays to know which destinations to add to your to-do list. Get out and explore some (or all) of this place's most popular cities:
- Edmonton (population of 712,400)
- Fort McMurray (population of 76,000)
- Red Deer (population of 73,600)
- Lethbridge (population of 70,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Alberta?
Below are our top recommendations if you want to bag the best price on a rental car:
- Use our amazing filter feature to help point you toward the cheapest car rental rates in town — then compare the prices;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what great bargains will whiz into your inbox;
- Search both airport and non-airport office locations to be sure you're receiving the absolute best bargain around;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not carved in stone, try getting a better deal by choosing different days in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be asked to pay for a whole extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your wallet. You'll get some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental vehicle;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the hottest deals! Book as soon as possible to grab some excellent savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Alberta?
After a vehicle with a slightly more spacious interior than a compact rental and with fantastic gas mileage? Slide behind the wheel of an intermediate car. It has all the perks and features of a smaller ride, but with more luggage space and room to fit four to five adults. Drive through the streets of Calgary and Edmonton in style and comfort without putting a dent in your vacation budget. You'll also be able to park your wheels like an absolute pro!
It's always a great idea to take time out from the city, and if you do, get set to be richly rewarded. With mountains, foothills, and rivers to enjoy, Alberta is ripe for exciting adventures. A bigger vehicle like an SUV or a four-wheel drive will give you and your passengers more room for those longer drives.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Alberta?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to embark on an epic road trip around Alberta, a comfortable SUV could be the best solution. If you're hoping for the best possible price and plan to stick to city driving, a budget compact is a smart pick. All you have to do is choose what will suit you best, pack up the car, and hit the highway.