Where is Dominican Republic?
What better way could there be to discover a new country than from behind the wheel of a rental car? You won't have any trouble hitting the highway in Dominican Republic after you get up to date on a few basics. You'll find Dominican Republic on the continent of Caribbean. Zoom deeper into the map and the capital, Santo Domingo, will appear. If you're looking to get an insight into how the country is run, a stop here is highly recommended.
What are the major attractions in Dominican Republic?
You might have issues scoring a parking spot right in front of these iconic attractions, but believe us — they're certainly worth a little walk. The very best thing about an adventure in Dominican Republic is striking these off your bucket list:
- Fort San Felipe (8 miles from the center of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic)
- Quisqueya Stadium (2 miles from the center of Santo Domingo (and vicinity), Peravia)
- Colon Lighthouse and Museum (2 miles from the center of Santo Domingo (and vicinity), Peravia)
What are the best road trip destinations in Dominican Republic?
With miles and miles of smooth highways and inviting open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Dominican Republic vacations into self-drive tours. If you're embarking on an amazing road trip, you'll want to know which destinations to add to your to-do list. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most visited cities:
- Santo Domingo (population of 2,201,900)
- Santiago (population of 1,200,000)
- Puerto Plata (population of 146,000)
- San Francisco de Macorís (population of 124,800)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Dominican Republic?
Here are our top tips on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your pocket:
- Use our convenient filter feature to help point you in the direction of the cheapest car rental rates around — then compare the prices;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and be in the know when prices fall for your destination;
- Check the deals at all rental locations in town, including the airport and surrounding area. A quick cab journey to a neighboring rental car facility may mean some impressive savings;
- If you've got a bit of wriggle room timing-wise, alter your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you could be charged for an entire extra day;
- Some rental outlets offer discounts if you pay in advance, so be sure to keep your eyes open for these kinds of offers;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the hottest deals! Book now to drive off with some excellent savings, as well as your ideal set of wheels.