What are the major attractions in Daytona Beach?
If your trip to Daytona Beach is all booked but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Daytona International Speedway deserves way more than just a quick drive-by. Step out of your car and spend some time discovering this landmark attraction during your stay in Daytona Beach.
You'll have to rise with the sun if you want to check out all the great attractions that this place has to offer. Daytona Lagoon Waterpark and Ocean Walk Shoppes are no-brainers. Daytona Beach Golf Club and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University shouldn't be overlooked either.
Plan a stop at Riverfront Veterans Memorial Park. It's one sight you'll usually find on most travelers' to-do lists. If you still have room on that schedule, Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach and Angell and Phelps Chocolate Factory will keep you on the go, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Daytona Beach?
You don't have to limit your exploring to just Daytona Beach. St. Augustine is 50 miles away and offers a fine range of close-by things to see and do, such as Castillo de San Marcos. Lightner Museum is also a popular attraction.
Where are the best beaches near Daytona Beach?
One of the perks of getting a rental car while you're staying in Daytona Beach is that you can explore some of the area's gorgeous beaches no matter what the weather's like. So, grab your sunscreen (or your waterproof jacket) and get ready to check out some of these top options:
- Smyrna Dunes Park (12 miles away).
- New Smyrna Beach (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Daytona Beach?
If you're here to attend a business conference, you'll find Ocean Center located 1 mile from Daytona Beach. During your break, head to a nearby café to snatch a moment to yourself — networking and socializing can be tiring.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Daytona Beach?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our recommendations:
- Use our amazing filter feature to help steer you toward the hottest car rental deals around — and then compare the prices;
- By submitting your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all of the best prices for your destination;
- Before you get behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to ensure you're getting your hands on the best deal around;
- If your vacation dates are not written in stone, see if you can get a lower price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you return your car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged an extra day unnecessarily;
- If you're hoping to save a few dollars, pay right away and get some of the thriftiest rates around;
- Book as soon as your dates are locked in. You'd hate to miss out because you left it too late!
What kind of rental car should I get for Daytona Beach?
An incredible road trip starts with a dependable car. And if you're on your way to explore the sights of Daytona Beach, like Daytona International Speedway, you'll need a set of wheels that suits your needs. Cue the mini or compact car. These small runabouts will help you maneuver this vibrant city's labyrinth of busy streets and heavy traffic. If you're traveling with a group of friends, it pays to think bigger. Ride in comfort and fit all your luggage with a full-size SUV. These wheels are built for any kind of terrain, which makes them perfect if you plan to visit the mangroves around the region.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Daytona Beach?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes finding the right car important. If you're about to head off on an epic road trip around Daytona Beach, a roomy SUV could be the ideal solution. If you're looking for the cheapest price possible and plan to stick to city driving, a budget compact is hard to beat. All you need to do is work out what's going to be the best fit, pack up the car, and rack up those miles.