Car rentals in Daytona Beach: All you need to know
A Daytona Beach car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even see what the rest of Florida has to offer. We've collected your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Daytona Beach. Keep reading to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where do I find a great deal on a rental car in Daytona Beach?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to grab the best deals. Just type in your travel dates and scroll down the list of car rental suppliers, select the top rental locations, and find the best packages Daytona Beach has to offer. You should also:
- Check the mileage policy to steer clear of any surprise fees
- Reserve your vehicle as far ahead of time as possible
- Avoid airport pick-ups and drop-offs if possible; they tend to be more expensive
- Compare daily and weekly rates; you might save more with a longer rental
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Daytona Beach rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Daytona Beach?
There are around 7 car rental suppliers to pick from in Daytona Beach. You'll find some of the best brands, like Enterprise. Scan through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Daytona Beach?
That all depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Daytona Beach. If you're having a bit of trouble picking the right car, make sure to go over the table below. We've compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Daytona Beach?
Usually, to rent a car in Daytona Beach you must be at least 21. However, there might be an added fee if you are under 25 or for higher category vehicles. Read over the terms to discover what the exact fee will be before you reserve your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Daytona Beach?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you're renting a car. Nevertheless, you might already be insured by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, these policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Daytona Beach. Check in advance and, if it's needed, you can just add it at checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Daytona Beach rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to find an open gas station close to the drop-off location
What fuel policy should I get?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Daytona Beach.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Daytona Beach?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the fine print before you book.
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check out a few items before you leave the car rental lot on your Daytona Beach adventure. It's worth the time to:
- Check out the vehicle and be sure there is no damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Daytona Beach rental car today
When you book with CarRentals.com, you can count on a grand set of wheels that will leave you with money to spare. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your impeccable Daytona Beach rental car. We'll see you on the road.