Where is Charleston County?
Nothing tops dropping the windows of your rental car and zooming down lengthy stretches of road. But before you drive away on a big adventure in Charleston County, how about discovering a bit about this popular location? Familiarize yourself with United States of America, because that's where you'll need to head to kick start your adventure.
What are the major attractions in Charleston County?
No road trip around Charleston County is complete without a few fabulous detours along the way. When it comes to cool attractions, we can point you in the right direction. Your first port of call should be USS Yorktown, 1 mile from the heart of Charleston. Not just any old attraction, this place attracts countless travelers each and every year.
What are the best road trip destinations in Charleston County?
Adventure is waiting for you around every corner of this spectacular region. Charleston County is one of those places where the journey is just as exciting as each of its awesome destinations. With your own set of wheels, you can spend as long as your heart desires exploring all it has to offer. Try to cross off as many of this place's most renowned destinations as you can:
- Charleston (population of 132,600)
- Hollywood (population of 5,000)
- Ravenel (population of 2,600)
- Awendaw (population of 1,350)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Charleston County?
Here are our top recommendations to grab the biggest discounts on a rental car:
- Use our nifty filter feature to steer you in the direction of the hottest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what great bargains will zoom straight into your inbox;
- Research is the key to getting your hands on the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you book your ride;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best rates;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you return your rental car later than you picked it up, you might be charged a full extra day;
- Some places reward you big time for prepaying — keep a lookout for these kinds of offers;
- Finally, lock in your favorite set of wheels as soon as possible to bag yourself the biggest savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Charleston County?
From coastal plains to wetlands and rolling hills, Charleston County features some awesome natural areas. Why not hit the highway and see a handful of them? Escape the city and plan some fun day trips. A full-size SUV is ideal for longer drives. Built to cope with all types of terrain, these bigger vehicles make it a delight to detour from the beaten track.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Charleston County?
There's more than enough choice when it comes to rental cars in Charleston County. From SUVs with space to spare to easy-to-park compacts, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match depends on your budget and where you plan to go. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this trip?
What do I need to know about driving in South Carolina?
Climb behind the wheel and get ready to discover the very best of Charleston County from the comfort of your own rental car. If you've never driven around this area before, there's no need to worry. We've pulled together a few tips and hints to help you navigate your way around safely and easily:
What side of the road do they drive on in Charleston County?
You'll be motoring along the right side of the road in Charleston County. Even though it may seem similar to home, we suggest driving with a little extra care in places you've never been.
Are there speed limits in Charleston County?
In Charleston County, the maximum default speed limit is generally 70 mi/h. 20 mi/h is the minimum. When approaching built-up areas, bear in mind that unless signed otherwise, the speed limit is 30 mi/h.
What happens if I get a speeding fine while driving a rental car in South Carolina?
Generally, your chosen car rental company will bill the fined amount to your credit card. Alternatively, the company may share your contact information with the relevant local agency so they can send a fine straight to you.
Are seat belts compulsory in South Carolina?
Seat belts must be worn in South Carolina. However, the rule may not apply for some vehicles, like those used by public transportation networks.
Is it illegal to use a cell phone while driving in Charleston County?
It's not illegal to use a cell phone while driving, but we don't recommend it. For a safer ride, it's a good idea to wait until you've finished your trip before texting or calling.
What are the rules around drink driving in Charleston County?
The legal BAC (blood alcohol content) limit while driving in Charleston County is 0.08%. If you're in the mood for a big night, leave your rental car behind and organize a different way of getting home instead.
Is turning on a red light allowed in Charleston County?
Yes it is. However, before you turn you are required to bring the car to a complete stop and only continue if there's no traffic approaching.