Car rentals in Champaign: All you need to know
A Champaign car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even see what else the rest of Illinois has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered your most popular questions about renting a car in Champaign. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I get a bargain car rental in Champaign?
We always strive to get you the best rate. But, to increase your savings when you travel to Champaign you can do a few things. You can:
- Read the mileage policy to prevent any surprises
- Book your rental car as far in advance as you can
- Avoid airport pick-ups or drop-offs if possible; they generally are pricier
- Compare daily and weekly rates; you may save more if you rent the car for longer
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Champaign.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Champaign?
In Champaign, we have a few rental car providers to decide from, like Enterprise. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Champaign?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Illinois town means you're certain to find a car that suits your needs. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Champaign?
Generally, the age limit for renting a car in Champaign is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read the rental agreement to discover what the total is before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Champaign?
Insurance is always required, no matter where you rent a vehicle. With that said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, these policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Champaign. Check ahead of time and, if it's necessary, you can conveniently include it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find an open gas station near your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Many suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out winner is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. .
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great choice if you plan to do some sightseeing or visit several business associates all over Champaign. You can cruise as much as you like and not incur extra charges. Read over your rental agreement to see if there are mileage restrictions.
Before you leave the lot
Before you get started on your Champaign vacation, go over a few things prior to leaving the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Inspect your vehicle and be certain there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Champaign car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Champaign has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the well-known restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Champaign.