Car rentals in Ascona: All you need to know
An Ascona car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what else the rest of the area has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected your most popular questions about car rentals in Ascona. Read on to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I get a great deal on a rental car in Ascona?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to grab budget-friendly rates. Just type in your travel dates and go through the variety of rental car suppliers, select the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly offers in Ascona. You can also:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. You don't want to be surprised with added costs
- Don't get more vehicle than you need. Generally, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Ascona.
What rental companies have agencies in Ascona?
From global names like National and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Dollar and Thrifty, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Ascona?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Ascona. If you're having trouble deciding, be sure to look over the chart below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Ascona?
Usually, the age limit for car rentals in Ascona is 21. But, there might be an added charge if you're under 25 or for larger or higher category rentals. Go through the terms to discover what any additional fees will be before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Ascona?
Insurance is required, no matter where you're renting a car. Nevertheless, you could already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check in advance and, if it is needed, you can simply include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually advise that customers choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for those who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the fine print before you book.
Know before you go
Make sure you check a few things before you leave the rental lot on your Ascona adventure. It's important to:
- Walk around your vehicle and make sure there is no dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Ascona rental car today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car that can fit your needs and not deplete your travel piggy bank.