Where is Switzerland?
Driving in a new and unfamiliar country is unnerving for some travelers, but there's no need to stress. Get your head around the following info and you'll be guiding your rental car along the roads and highways of Switzerland in no time at all. Switzerland is located on the continent of Europe, a land mass that is always ready to inspire and delight. Its capital is Bern. Home to some of the country's most well-renowned sights, it's the perfect introduction to what this place is about.
What are the major attractions in Switzerland?
You might find it a challenge scoring a parking space right in front of these iconic attractions, but trust us — they're most definitely worth a short wander. The best thing about a trip to Switzerland is finally crossing these off your bucket list:
- Chapel Bridge (0.1 miles from the center of Lucerne, Canton of Lucerne)
- Swiss Transportation Museum (1 mile from the center of Lucerne, Canton of Lucerne)
- Loewenplatz (0.4 miles from the center of Lucerne, Canton of Lucerne)
What are the best road trip destinations in Switzerland?
Being in control of where you go and what you do is a huge advantage of having your own rental car while on vacation. Take charge of your trip around Switzerland and enjoy the freedom of exploring all its best destinations at your own pace. Try to check off as many of this place's top destinations as possible:
- Canton of Zurich (population of 341,700)
- Basel (population of 164,500)
- Bern (population of 121,600)
- Lausanne (population of 116,800)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Switzerland?
Here's our suggestions on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your pocket:
- Use our nifty filter feature to steer you towards the hottest car rental deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert and stay up to date when prices get lower for your next vacation destination;
- Research is the key to scoring the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you fork out for your ride;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and you can be flexible with your travel plans, have a browse around to see which days and dates will give you the hottest deal;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you return your rental car later than you picked it up, you might have to pay for an entire extra day;
- If you're looking to save a few dollars, prepay for your rental and drive away with some of the thriftiest rates around;
- Last but not least, lock in your favorite set of wheels as soon as possible to bag yourself a truckload of savings!