Where is Alabama?
The clock is ticking. Don't fritter away valuable time waiting for buses and trains. Book a rental car and enjoy the freedom of having your own set of wheels. Before you hit the wide open road, here are some key details about Alabama. Alabama is a state of United States of America. You might like to kick things off in its capital city, Montgomery. Approximately 205,800 people call this place their home.
What are the major attractions in Alabama?
What's the point of picking up a rental car if you aren't going to soak up this place's biggest and best sights? Alabama offers some truly breathtaking attractions. Here are some you simply can't miss:
- Auburn University (2 miles from the center of Auburn - Opelika, Alabama)
- Jordan-Hare Stadium (2 miles from the center of Auburn - Opelika, Alabama)
- Fort Gaines (7 miles from the center of Dauphin Island, Alabama)
What are the best road trip destinations in Alabama?
With long stretches of well-kept highways and open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Alabama vacations into self-drive tours. If you're planning a road trip of epic proportions, you'll need to know which destinations to put on your bucket list. Try to visit as many of this place's top destinations as possible:
- Birmingham (population of 212,200)
- Montgomery (population of 205,800)
- Mobile (population of 195,100)
- Huntsville (population of 180,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Alabama?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our recommendations:
- Use our handy filter tool to point you in the direction of the hottest car rental deals around — then compare the prices;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what awesome deals will whiz into your inbox;
- Before you get behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're getting the best deal in town;
- If you're not bothered about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and you've got some flexibility with your travel plans, have a browse around to see which days and dates give you the best prices;
- To avoid paying for an extra day or a late fee, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Some companies reward you handsomely for paying upfront — watch out for these deals;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and zoom off with your dream set of wheels.