Car rentals in Wildwood: All you need to know
A Wildwood car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of New Jersey has to offer. We've collected the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Wildwood. Read on to find out the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
Where can I get a great deal on a car rental in Wildwood?
We always strive to get you the best rate. But, you can try to do a few things to keep your next booking affordable. You can:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you book
- Don't rent more car than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Wildwood rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Wildwood?
From global names like National and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Wildwood?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this New Jersey metropolis means you're certain to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Wildwood?
Usually, to rent a car in Wildwood you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read the rental agreement to discover what the total is before you book your vehicle.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Wildwood?
Insurance is always required, wherever you're renting a car. However, you might already be insured by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, your policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Look into it before you book and, if it's necessary, you can simply include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find an open gas station close to the drop-off location
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most suppliers provide you a full to full tank policy. At CarRentals.com, we encourage returning it filled up. If you want to save some money, fill up your tank before bringing the car rental. Stations near or around airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Wildwood?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for anyone who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you drive off
Before you get started on your Wildwood trip, go over a few items before you leave the lot. You should:
- Walk around your vehicle and be sure there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Wildwood car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter who you're traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car that can fit your needs and not deplete your travel piggy bank.