Car rentals in Vilnius: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Vilnius whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. Explore the top sites around town and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Vilnius. We've answered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Vilnius. Read on to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How do I find a bargain car rental in Vilnius?
We always try to get you the best deal. However, to get the most savings when you travel to Vilnius you can do a few things. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the total cost before you rent
- Don't rent more car than you need. Normally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Vilnius?
CarRentals.com has around a half-dozen rental car companies to choose from in Vilnius. You'll find some of the best providers, like Ace. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Vilnius?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Vilnius. If you're having difficulty choosing, be sure to go over the chart below. We have compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Vilnius?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Vilnius is 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional charge if you are under 25 or for higher category vehicles in particular. Read over the terms to find what the exact price is before you book your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Vilnius?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to purchase temporary insurance through the rental car supplier.Although many of the major card issuers, like MasterCard or Visa, provide some coverage, there may be restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you reserve a luxury or larger vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most rental car companies give you a full to full tank policy. At CarRentals.com, we suggest returning it with a full tank of gas. For a cheaper rate, it is best to fill up your tank before bringing the car rental.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you want to check out all that Vilnius offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Vilnius. Review the fine print to make certain your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Make sure you go over a few things before you leave the lot. It's worth the time to:
- Check out your vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scratches. If so, write it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Vilnius car rental today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car rental that can suit your needs and not deplete your travel piggy bank.