Where is Lithuania?
Lithuania is waiting for you. There's no end to the new experiences you'll be able to have once you slide behind the wheel of that rental car. To get everything you can out of your trip, here's a bit of basic info that everyone should know. Lithuania is among the fascinating countries that make up Europe. Zoom further into the map and the capital, Vilnius, will appear. If you're looking to experience this country's beating pulse, a stop here is a great idea.
What are the major attractions in Lithuania?
An epic road trip begins with a quality rental car — together with a few famous sights along the way! We've got the scoop on a few Lithuania landmarks that simply beg for a pit stop. Climb in, buckle up and get set to explore Gates of Dawn. This attraction draws in countless adventurers each year and is 0.2 miles from the city of Vilnius. Create an epic driving playlist and check out Ninth Fort too. After you've turned up those tunes, you'll find it 4 miles from another major city, Kaunas.
What are the best road trip destinations in Lithuania?
Adventure awaits around every twist and turn of this glorious region. Lithuania is one of those places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its beautiful destinations. With your own rental vehicle, you can spend as long as your heart desires exploring every square inch of it. Try to cross off as many of this place's top destinations as possible:
- Vilnius (population of 542,400)
- Kaunas (population of 374,600)
- Klaipeda (population of 192,300)
- Siauliai (population of 130,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Lithuania?
We've pulled together a list of the best ways to help you save on a rental car:
- Our convenient filter tool will be your new BFF. Measure up the biggest deals from all of the top rental car companies quickly and easily;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what great deals will make a pit stop in your inbox;
- Before you jump behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to ensure you're bagging the best deal around;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the hottest deal;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be the same (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you could be asked to pay for a full extra day;
- If you're looking to save a pretty penny, pay in advance and enjoy some of the cheapest rates around;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and zoom off with your dream set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in Lithuania?
Considering road tripping through Lithuania? Jump behind the wheel of a compact car. A snap to park, good fuel economy, and better agility are only a few reasons they're the most booked rental car here. When you cruise down the busy streets of cities like Vilnius and Kaunas, a compact car will make driving a dream.
Don't limit your adventures to those urban areas. Lithuania has some unmissable scenery, such as lakes, rivers, and streams. A car like a convertible will help you explore them in style. These vehicles are ideal for visitors wanting to experience the views with the top down. Who doesn't enjoy the feeling of the wind blowing through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Lithuania?
You'll be pleased to hear that there's a huge variety of both economy and high-end rental vehicles available in Lithuania. What you end up going with will depend on how much you're willing to spend as well as what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles are all about mod cons and comfort. If you want to treat yourself, why not grab a high-end SUV, or perhaps a cushy medium-sized sedan? Alternatively, if you just need a set of wheels to zip around town in at the cheapest price possible, stick with an economy compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your wallet).