Car rentals in Utrecht: All you need to know
A Utrecht car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the area has to offer. We've answered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Utrecht. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a great deal on a car rental in Utrecht?
You're on your way to locating the best deal on your car rental by going through us. But, to increase your savings when you travel to Utrecht you can do a few things. You can:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Determine the car you'll need for your drive. Don't rent more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Utrecht?
In Utrecht, there are a few car rental companies to decide from, like Sixt. Scan through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Utrecht?
That all depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Utrecht. If you're having a bit of trouble picking the right car, make sure to read over our chart below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Utrecht?
Typically, the age limit for renting a car in Utrecht is 21. But, there might be an additional fee if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category cars in particular. Read through the terms to find what the exact fee is before you rent your car.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Utrecht?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You might be able to purchase additional insurance through rental car company, if you think your insurance won't cover your rental. Many major card issuers, like Visa and MasterCard, offer some insurance on your rental; however, there may be restrictions. For example, you may not be covered if you reserve a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to search for a gas station near your car rental supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually suggest that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for anyone who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the fine print before you book.
Tips before you leave the lot
Be sure you go over a few items before you leave the lot on your Utrecht adventure. It's important to:
- Walk around the car and be certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable working the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your Utrecht rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Utrecht has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the highly-rated restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Utrecht.