Car rentals in Tulum: All you need to know
A Tulum car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even see what else the rest of Quintana Roo has to offer. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Tulum. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How can I get a great deal on a car rental in Tulum?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to get the cheapest deals. Just enter your travel dates and scroll through the list of rental car suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the best packages Tulum has to offer. You should also:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you will know the true cost before you rent
- Determine what car you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Tulum.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Tulum?
From budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget to global names like Enterprise and Sixt, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Tulum?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Tulum. If you're having trouble picking the right car, make sure to look over the table below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Tulum?
Generally, the age limit for car rentals in Tulum is 21—the same as it is across most of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to review the terms to find any additional charges will be before you book your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Tulum?
Insurance is always required, no matter where you rent a car. Nevertheless, you could already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, these policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Tulum. Look into it before you book and, if it's needed, you can easily include it at checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
We encourage a full to full policy. You pick up your rental with a full tank, and you should bring it back it with a full tank of gas. If you want to save some money, find a filling station before bringing the rental car.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Tulum?
If you want to check out all that Tulum offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Go over the fine print to be sure they are truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Make sure you go over a few items before you leave the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Look over your car and make certain there is no damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your Tulum rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Tulum has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the great restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Tulum.