Car rentals in Tours: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Tours whether you're going for a business or pleasure. See the top sites around the area and park in front of the popular restaurants in Tours. CarRentals.com has gathered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Tours. Keep reading to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a bargain rental car in Tours?
CarRentals.com always tries to get you the best rate. However, there are ways to get an even lower price on your upcoming rental. Make sure to:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the true cost before you rent
- Decide what car you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Tours?
From global names like Hertz and Sixt to budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Tours?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this city means you're certain to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Tours?
Normally, to rent a car in Tours you must be at least 21. However, there might be an additional fee if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals. Go over the supplier's terms to discover what any additional fees is before you rent your car.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Tours?
When driving in Tours or the rest of France, you will need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you pick up your vehicle. The majority of countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to pay for temporary insurance through the rental supplier.
Many major card issuers, like Visa or Discover, offer some insurance on your rental, however, there are usually restrictions. For example, they may not cover your rental car if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Check your rental car company's policy before you decide.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Tours?
If you wish to explore all that Tours offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Read the fine print to make sure they are truly "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Tours adventure, check a few items prior to leaving the lot. It's worth the time to:
- Walk around your car and determine if there is any damage or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Tours rental car today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car rental that can suit your needs and not break your wallet.