What are the major attractions in Tauranga?
If your trip to Tauranga is all booked but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a helping hand.
Not too far from the city center, Tauranga Golf Club is one sight to consider adding to your to-do list. If you still have room on that travel itinerary, Tauranga South Bowling Club and Adrenalin Forest will keep you entertained, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Tauranga?
You'll want to explore nearby Hamilton. What's 47 miles when you've got a set of wheels? The drive itself is half the fun! Prodrive Golf should be at the top of your to-do list here. University of Waikato and Southern Cross Hospital are terrific attractions too. Pongakawa is another terrific option. It's 22 miles away and boasts a range of awesome things to do. Te Whakarewarewa, Lake Rotorua and Ohinemutu are only the start.
Where are the best beaches near Tauranga?
Fill the gas tank, fire up the engine and get ready to feel the warm, salty air whipping through your hair. Tauranga boasts some stunning stretches of coastline, such as:
- Mount Maunganui Beach (6 miles away).
- Pilot Bay Beach (6 miles away).
- Maunganui Beach (7 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Tauranga?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following our recommendations:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the top companies in town in just a couple of clicks;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what great bargains will make a pit stop in your inbox;
- Research is the key to bagging the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you lock in your ride;
- If your vacation dates are not etched in stone, try scoring a lower price by modifying the days in your search;
- No one likes getting a late fee. Avoid the hassle of having to pay for an extra day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Some car rental companies reward you with discounts if you pay immediately, so be sure to keep a lookout for these great offers;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book now and drive away with your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Tauranga?
Having your own car in Tauranga will give you more flexibility to go where you want, when you want. Maybe you're eager to leave the big city behind, hit the highway, and see where the wind takes you. If that's the case, pick up the keys to one of our full-size or mid-size SUVs and discover the streams in the area. If you'd rather experience city life, jump behind the wheel of something small. Dashing around busy streets will be much less stressful in an economy or compact car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Tauranga?
You'll be pleased to hear that there's a wide variety of both economy and luxury vehicles to rent in Tauranga. What you end up going for is largely dependent on how much you want to spend and the activities you've got planned. Prestige vehicles often spare no expense when it comes to mod cons and comfort. If you're splashing out, why not book an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a flashy mid-size sedan? Otherwise, if you're just after something to zip around town in at the cheapest price possible, maybe go for a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that won't break the bank).