Car rentals in Tallahassee: All you need to know
A Tallahassee car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even see what the rest of Florida has to offer. We've gathered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Tallahassee. Read on to discover how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a great deal on a car rental in Tallahassee?
We always strive to get you the best price. But, there are ways to get an even lower price on your next booking. You can:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you rent
- Decide what car you'll need for your vacation. Don't get more car than you need
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Tallahassee?
CarRentals.com has around 11 rental suppliers to decide from in Tallahassee. You'll find some of the best brands, like Thrifty. Read through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Tallahassee?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Tallahassee. If you're having a little trouble picking the right car, make sure to read over the chart below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Tallahassee?
Typically, the age limit for renting a car in Tallahassee is 21. But, there might be an added fee if you're under 25 or for larger or higher category rentals. Read through the supplier's terms to find what the exact charge is before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Tallahassee?
Insurance is mandatory, wherever you're renting a car. That said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Tallahassee. Look into it before you book and, if it's required, you can conveniently add it at checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually advise that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Tallahassee?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
What are some things to do in Tallahassee?
There is tons to see and do in Tallahassee. This city has around 11 attractions that it is known for. Some of the most popular are:
- St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park
- Florida Historic Capitol Museum
Lucky for you, you can drive to the one you want or see all of them.
Before you drive off
Make sure you check a few things prior to leaving the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Inspect your car and make sure there is no damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable working the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Tallahassee car rental today
When you book with CarRentals.com, you know you can depend on a perfect ride that will leave you with extra money to spare. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Tallahassee rental car. See you around town.