Car rentals in Springfield: All you need to know
A Springfield car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even see what the rest of Missouri has to offer. We've answered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Springfield. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How do I get a great deal on a rental car in Springfield?
CarRentals.com makes it a cinch to get the cheapest rates. Simply enter your travel dates and go down the variety of rental suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the best packages Springfield has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you will know the actual cost before you rent
- Decide the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Springfield?
From global names like Hertz and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Springfield?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Springfield. If you're having a bit of trouble choosing, be sure to look over the chart below. We've compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Springfield?
Generally, to rent a car in Springfield you must be at least 21. However, you may find that there is an additional charge if you are under 25 or for higher category vehicles in particular. Read through the terms to discover what any additional fees will be before you reserve your rental.
Does Springfield require rental car insurance?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy interim coverage with the rental car company. Otherwise, as a U.S. citizen, you can also add on Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com at checkout. Many credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will provide some coverage. However, there may be limitations, such as not covering larger vehicles like trucks or SUVs. It is best to call and find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Springfield.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to find a gas station near your rental car supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. .
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Springfield?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for those who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Tips before you leave the lot
Make sure you go over a few items before you leave the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect your vehicle and be sure there is no dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Springfield rental car today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter the situation, CarRentals.com has a car rental that can align with your requirement and not break your wallet.