Where is Limpopo?
Nothing beats dropping the windows of your rental car and hurtling down a long, open road. But before you embark on a new adventure in Limpopo, how about learning a little about this popular spot? This terrific destination is located in South Africa.
What are the best road trip destinations in Limpopo?
Being in control of where you go and what you do is one of the biggest advantages of having your own rental car on vacation. Take charge of your adventure around Limpopo and delight in the freedom of discovering its best destinations at your own speed. Explore some (or all) of this place's most visited cities:
- Polokwane (population of 123,700)
- Phalaborwa (population of 109,500)
- Louis Trichardt (population of 86,900)
- Thohoyandou (population of 44,000)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Limpopo?
Here's a rundown of the best ways to help you save some serious cash:
- Use our handy filter tool to help steer you toward the hottest car deals around — then compare the prices;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what sensational deals will make a detour to your inbox;
- Before you pick up your keys and get behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're bagging the best deal around;
- If you have some elbow room in your schedule, adjust your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be around the same time (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you may be charged for a whole extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your pocket. You'll score some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your vehicle;
- Last of all, secure your booking as soon as possible to score yourself a ton of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Limpopo?
Lots of fun to drive, easy to park, and economical to run — it isn't hard to see why minis are such a popular option with visitors to Limpopo. Rent one and you'll be nipping through the busy streets of Polokwane and Phalaborwa in no time at all. Planning to see more of the area? These versatile vehicles are good for short, scenic outings if you're traveling light.
That said, Limpopo boasts plenty of tablelands, beaches, and mountains. It would be a shame not to get out of the city to explore those breathtaking scenes. If that sounds tempting, opt for an SUV or a full-size car. Even if you're not planning to take the path less traveled, you'll be thankful for all the extra legroom.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Limpopo?
You'll be happy to hear that there's a huge variety of both economy and luxury rental vehicles on offer in Limpopo. What you end up going for will depend on what you're willing to spend and what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about mod cons and comfort. If you're splurging, why not pick a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a flashy mid-size sedan? On the other hand, if you just need something to get from A to B as cheaply as possible, you're better off going with an economy vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).