Car rentals in Sion: All you need to know
You want a great automobile to take you around Sion whether you're traveling for a business trip or a vacation. Check out the famous sites around the area and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Sion. We've answered your most popular questions about renting a car in Sion. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I get a bargain car rental in Sion?
You're on your way to finding the best deal on your car rental with CarRentals.com. But, there are ways to get an even lower price on your next rental. Make sure to:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Generally, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have outlets in Sion?
From global names like Hertz and Sixt to budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Sion?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this town means you're bound to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Sion?
Normally, to rent a car in Sion you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to review the terms to find what the exact rate will be before you book your vehicle.
Does Sion require rental car insurance?
When driving around Sion or the rest of country, you will need insurance. Almost every supplier needs proof of insurance before you rent a car. Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through the rental car dealer for your trip, if you know your insurance won't cover you while traveling through CHE.
The major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) will usually offer coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, such as not covering large vehicles like trucks or SUVs. Be sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Sion.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to search for an open gas station near your car rental supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
Many rental car suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out winner is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Sion?
If you wish to explore all that Sion offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Sion. Go over the fine print to make sure they are truly "unlimited."
Before you drive off
Be sure you check a few things prior to leaving the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Inspect the car and determine if there is any dents or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on the paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Sion car rental today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car that can fit your needs and not break the bank.