Car rentals in Santander: All you need to know
You want a great vehicle to get around Santander whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. See the famous sites around the region and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Santander. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Santander. Read on to see which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a great deal on a rental car in Santander?
You're on your way to getting the best price on your car rental with CarRentals.com. But, there are ways to get an even lower price on your upcoming rental. Make sure to:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the true cost before you book
- Determine what vehicle you'll need for your trip. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Santander rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Santander?
In Santander, CarRentals.com has a few rental companies to decide from, like Avis. Scan through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Santander?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this city means you're certain to find a car that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Santander?
Normally, to rent a car in Santander you must be at least 21. But, there might be an added fee if you're under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category cars. Read through the supplier's terms to figure out what the exact charge will be before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Santander?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to pay for interim insurance with the rental car company.Several credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will provide some coverage. But many of them have restrictions, such as not covering large vehicles such as premium models or some SUVs. Make sure to call and find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Santander.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
At CarRentals.com, we encourage a full tank policy. You should receive your vehicle with a full tank, and you should return it topped off. To avoid any added expenses, fill up your tank before returning the car rental.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Santander?
If you want to explore all that Santander offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Santander. Review the fine print to make certain they are truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Before you begin on your Santander vacation, check out a few items prior to leaving the rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the car and be certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Santander car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Santander has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the highly-rated restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Santander.