Where is Cantabria?
Nothing beats dropping the windows of your rental car and steering down long, smooth stretches of road. But before you embark on a big adventure in Cantabria, how about learning a bit about this popular location? This fascinating destination can be found in Spain.
What are the best road trip destinations in Cantabria?
Adventure is waiting for you around every corner of this spectacular region. Cantabria is one of those special places where the journey is just as exciting as every one of its awesome destinations. With your own rental vehicle, you can spend as little or as long as your heart desires exploring every square inch of it. Try to check off as many of this place's leading destinations as you can:
- Santander (population of 182,700)
- Torrelavega (population of 55,300)
- Camargo (population of 31,400)
- El Astillero (population of 17,400)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Cantabria?
Here you'll find our top recommendations if you're looking to score the biggest discounts on a car rental:
- Use our amazing filter feature to help point you in the direction of the cheapest car rental rates in town — then compare the prices;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert service and be in the know when prices become cheaper for your destination;
- Research is the key to scoring the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not etched in stone, try getting a better deal by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be the same or very similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you could be asked to pay for a whole extra day;
- If you'd love to save a pretty penny, prepay for your rental and drive away with some of the best rates around;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your vacation dates are locked in. You'll have the largest range to choose from the earlier you book.
What is the most popular rental car category in Cantabria?
If all you need is four wheels and an engine, choose an economy car. They're the most popular rental vehicle category in Cantabria. Along with all the basic features, they come with advantages like awesome fuel economy and big savings on rental fees. Jump behind the wheel of one and zoom around Santander and Torrelavega without difficulty.
That said, Cantabria is well known for its cliffs, caves, and rivers. Many eager adventurers leave the city limits to tour those dazzling vistas. If that sounds like something you want to do, reserve an SUV or a full-size car. Even if you don't think you'll get off the beaten track, you won't regret that extra space.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Cantabria?
There's more than enough choice when it comes to renting a car in Cantabria. From sporty models with all the mod cons to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match of course depends on your budget and what activities you've got planned. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than a bargain, no-frills type model.