Car rentals in Roanoke: All you need to know
A Roanoke car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what the rest of Virginia has to offer. We've collected your most popular questions about renting a car in Roanoke. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I get a great deal on a car rental in Roanoke?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to get the best rates. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll down the list of rental car suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Roanoke. You should also:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Decide what car you'll need for your vacation. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Roanoke rental car.
What rental companies have retailers in Roanoke?
From budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget to global names like Hertz and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Roanoke?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Virginia town means you're bound to find an automobile that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Roanoke?
Normally, the age limit for renting a car in Roanoke is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to figure out what the total will be before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Roanoke?
Insurance is required, no matter where you rent a car. That said, you might already be covered by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, your policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Roanoke. Check in advance and, if it's required, you can just include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to search for a gas station close to your rental car supplier
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually suggest that customers choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check a few items before you leave the car rental lot. You should:
- Inspect your car and make sure there is no damage or scrapes. If so, write it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Roanoke car rental today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car rental that can suit your requirement and not break your wallet.