Car rentals in Reading: All you need to know
You want a great vehicle to get around Reading whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Explore the famous sites around town and park in front of the popular restaurants in Reading. We've collected your most popular questions about renting a car in Reading. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I find a great deal on a rental car in Reading?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best rate. But, you can remember a few things to keep your upcoming booking affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't rent more car than you need. Typically, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Reading.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Reading?
From global names like Avis and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Budget and Thrifty, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Reading?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Reading. If you're having a bit of trouble deciding, be sure to go over our chart below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Reading?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Reading is 21. Please note, you may find that there is an added fee if you are under 25 or for higher category rentals in particular. Go over the supplier's terms to find what any additional fees will be before you book your car.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Reading?
Almost all countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to purchase interim coverage through the rental car supplier.Many major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, give some coverage; but, there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you reserve a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check car rental company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We recommend a full tank policy. You should receive your automobile with a full tank, and you will want to return it topped off. For a cheaper rate, it is best to find a gas station before you return the car.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Reading?
Unlimited miles is a good option if you decide to do some sightseeing or visit a lot of business associates all over Reading. You can cruise wherever you like and not incur added charges. Review your policy to discover if there are any limitations.
Before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Reading vacation, check out a few items before you leave the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Inspect your vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Reading rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Reading has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the well-known restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Reading.