What are the major attractions in Prestwick?
If your trip to Prestwick is all sorted out but your itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Fun and adventure can be found around every corner here. Some of the top attractions in the area are Prestwick Golf Club, Kidz Play and Ayr Racecourse. Leave enough space on your itinerary to visit them all.
What are the best road trip destinations near Prestwick?
With some awesome road trip options in the surrounding area, renting a car makes sense. Without one, it wouldn't be half as easy to experience all that Isle of Arran, 25 miles away, has to offer. See the sights beginning with Machrie Moor Stone Circles, Shiskine Golf & Tennis Club and King's Cave. Locals are also likely to point you toward Brodick, 22 miles away. If you only have time for one attraction here, let it be Brodick Isle of Arran Ferry Terminal. (But we're also huge fans of Isle of Arran Brewery and Brodick Castle.)
Where are the best beaches near Prestwick?
Nothing says vacation like jumping in the car, putting on some tunes and heading to the seaside. Prestwick has some lovely beaches close by, so grab a book (and a kite if the wind's blowing) and take a jaunt to one of these great options:
- Ayr Beach (3 miles away).
- Irvine Beach (7 miles away).
- Croy Beach (11 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Prestwick?
Avoid paying through the nose for a rental car by following these tips:
- Use our handy filter tool to help steer you in the direction of the hottest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert and be in the know when prices become cheaper for your desired location;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- If your vacation dates are not etched in stone, try getting a better deal by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Keep more cash in your back pocket. You'll score some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, along with the best deals! Book as soon as possible to score some great savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Prestwick?
Sure, you can explore Prestwick without a rental car. But with so much to see and do here, having one would make your stay more comfortable. If you're planning to get out of town and into the countryside, pick a ride with some power. A mid-size or full-size SUV will get you to the surrounding canals in roomy style. Spending a lot of your time in the city center? A compact or mini car is a good choice. Driving through narrow lanes and squeezing into tiny parking spaces will be a walk in the park in one of these.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Prestwick?
First of all, there's a great range of both luxury and economy rental vehicles available in Prestwick. What you go with depends on what you're willing to spend and what you're hoping to do. Prestige vehicles offer unparalleled mod cons and comfort. If you want to treat yourself, why not pick an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a slick mid-sized sedan? Alternatively, if you just need a car to zip around town in at the cheapest price possible, we can help you out with a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your wallet).