How can I get a cheap car rental in Scotland?
Below are our top tips if you're looking to score the best price on a rental car:
- Use our handy filter tool to steer you in the direction of the hottest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email and be in the know when prices become cheaper for your location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and get behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're getting the best deal in town;
- If you're flexible with your schedule, adjust your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be the same (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for a full extra day;
- If you're looking to save a few dollars, pay as soon as you book and get some of the thriftiest rates around;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and secure your dream set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in Scotland?
Considering hitting the road in Scotland? Hop behind the wheel of a compact car. Easier to park, impressive gas mileage, and better handling are only a few reasons they're the most popular type of rental car here. When you cruise around the buzzing streets of cities like Glasgow or Edinburgh, a compact car will take the stress out of your trip.
It's always a great idea to get out of the city, and if you do, get set to be richly rewarded. With canals, rocky coastlines, and sandy shores to discover, Scotland offers loads of day trip opportunities. A bigger vehicle like an SUV or a four-wheel drive will give you more room for those scenic drives.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Scotland?
You'll be glad to know that there's a huge variety of both high-end and economy rental vehicles in Scotland. What you end up going with depends on what you're willing to spend and what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about comfort and class. If you want to indulge yourself, why not pick up a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a slick medium-sized sedan? On the other hand, if you're just after a set of wheels to get from A to B as cheaply as possible, we can help you out with a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your pocket).