Car rentals in Potsdam: All you need to know
You want a great automobile to take you around Potsdam whether you're going for a business or pleasure. Check out the top sites around the city and park in front of the best restaurants in Potsdam. We've answered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Potsdam. Read on to find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How do I get a bargain car rental in Potsdam?
You are well on your way to getting the best deal on your car rental with us. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. You can:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you rent
- Don't get more vehicle than you need. Typically, the smaller the class the lower the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Potsdam.
What rental companies have retailers in Potsdam?
We have around a half-dozen rental car companies to decide from in Potsdam. You'll find some of the best suppliers, like Hertz. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Potsdam?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this metropolis means you're certain to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Potsdam?
Generally, the age limit for car rentals in Potsdam is 21. But, you may find that there is an added charge if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals in particular. Read through the terms to determine what the exact fee will be before you book your car.
Does Potsdam require rental car insurance?
Insurance is mandatory, wherever you rent a vehicle. With that said, you could already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, these policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Look into it before you book and, if it's necessary, you can simply include it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually suggest that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Potsdam?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Know before you go
Before you get started on your Potsdam vacation, check a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should:
- Check out your vehicle and make sure there is no dents or scrapes. If so, mark it down on the paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Potsdam rental car today
Know that you can depend on a perfect car that will leave you with extra money to spare when you book with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your perfect Potsdam car rental. See you on the road.