What are the major attractions in Porto?
If your trip to Porto is all locked in but your travel itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a helping hand.
A scan of a postcard stand will show that a visit to Porto wouldn't be complete without visiting Sandeman Cellars. Considered the most well-known sight in the city, you might want to spend more time here than a quick stop.
Porto Cathedral and Museum of Port Wine are some interesting attractions that all serious sightseers should make time to check out. Plan out a route and spend a couple of hours soaking up each one.
Stop by Bolhao Market. It's one sight you'll find on most travelers' to-do lists. Almas Chapel and Holy Trinity Church are also a stone's throw away and worth checking out.
What are the best road trip destinations near Porto?
Clock up a few more miles on that rental car and venture 28 miles to Braga. Santa Barbara Garden is one of the interesting attractions to check out. Archbishop's Palace is another popular attraction.
Where are the best beaches near Porto?
Nothing says vacation like hopping in the car and driving to the coast. Porto has some gorgeous beaches close by, so grab a good book (and a kite if it's breezy) and take a day trip to one of these well-known options:
- Carneiro Beach (4 miles away).
- Ourigo Beach (4 miles away).
- Lavadores Beach (4 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Porto?
If you're going to Porto for work-related reasons, there's a good chance you'll be visiting some convention centers. With your own rental car, you're sure to arrive on time. Here are some of the most well known:
- EXPONOR - Porto International Fair (6 miles away).
- Quinta de Santa Cruz Winery (6 miles away).
- Europarque Conference Center (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Porto?
Here are some of our top tips if you're looking to grab the best deal on a car rental:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from the top companies in town in just a couple of clicks;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all of the best bargains for your desired destination;
- Search both airport and non-airport pickup outlet locations to make sure you're receiving the absolute best deal in town;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your travel plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and find out what savings you can score;
- If possible, keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you might be required to pay for a whole extra day;
- Sometimes rental companies offer discounts if you pay in advance, so be sure to watch out for these kinds of deals;
- Last of all, lock in your preferred vehicle as soon as possible to score yourself a mountain of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Porto?
Gas up the tank and get behind the wheel in Porto. You'll find excitement and adventure around every turn here, from renowned attractions like Sandeman Cellars to the more remote forests. The car you select will make the experience smoother. If you're heading away with family or your buddies, take a look at an intermediate or a standard rental. They offer more luggage space and legroom. Plan to avoid driving in the city but would like to venture into the surrounding nature? Hit the road in an RV. This option is perfect for groups in the mood for outdoor adventure — and you'll save on hotel costs too!
Should I get a luxury rental car in Porto?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're planning an amazing road trip around Porto, a spacious SUV could be the answer. If you're looking for the best possible deal and plan on sticking mostly to the city, a versatile compact is a wise pick. All you need to do is decide what will suit you best, load up the car, and hit the highway.