Car rentals in Perth: All you need to know
You need a great car to get around Perth whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Explore the top sites around the area and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Perth. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Perth. Keep reading to see the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I find a great deal on a rental car in Perth?
You are on your way to locating the best rate on your car rental with CarRentals.com. But, there are ways to get an even cheaper price on your upcoming rental. You can:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Be aware of any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the true cost before you book
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Perth.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Perth?
In Perth, there are a few car rental providers to pick from, like Dollar. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Perth?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Perth. If you're having difficulty picking the right car, make sure to go over the chart below. We have compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Perth?
Usually, to rent a car in Perth you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to review the rental agreement to find any additional fees is before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Perth?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to purchase temporary insurance through the rental car supplier.Several credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will offer coverage. However, there may be limitations, such as not covering bigger vehicles such as premium models or some SUVs. Make sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you head to Perth.
What is the fuel policy for Perth rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to search for an open gas station close to the drop-off location
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually advise that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great choice if you plan to do a bit of sightseeing or visit several clients all over Perth. You can drive wherever you want without incurring extra charges. Make sure to read your rental agreement to find out if there are any restrictions.
Before you drive off
Make sure you check a few items before you leave the lot. It's important to:
- Walk around the vehicle and make certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Perth car rental today
When you book with CarRentals.com, you know you can depend on a perfect ride that will leave you with money to spare. Cash in on cheap deals on your impeccable Perth car rental when you book with CarRentals.com. See you out here.