Car rentals in Pensacola: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Pensacola whether you're going for a business or pleasure. Check out the famous sites around the area and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Pensacola. CarRentals.com has collected your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Pensacola. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How do I find a great deal on a car rental in Pensacola?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to get the best rates. Just type in your travel dates and scroll through the variety of rental car companies, select the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Pensacola has to offer. You can also:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you rent
- Don't rent more vehicle than you need. Usually, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have agencies in Pensacola?
CarRentals.com has around 17 rental suppliers in the Pensacola area. You'll find well-known companies like Enterprise and Sixt and wallet-friendly suppliers like Thrifty and Budget. Scan through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Pensacola?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Pensacola. If you're having a little trouble picking the right car, make sure to look over our chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Pensacola?
Normally, to rent a car in Pensacola you must be at least 21. However, you may find that there is an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category cars in particular. Go over the supplier's terms to find what any additional charges will be before you book your vehicle.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Pensacola?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase interim insurance with the rental car supplier. Otherwise, as a United States citizen, you can also purchase Collision Damage Coverage through CarRentals.com at checkout. Several credit cards (Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard) will cover your car rental. However, there may be limitations, like not covering large vehicles such as premium models or some SUVs. Make sure to find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Pensacola.
What is the fuel policy for Pensacola rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually advise that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a good option if you plan to do a bit of sightseeing or visit a lot of business associates all over Pensacola. You can cruise wherever you like without incurring extra charges. Be sure to read your policy to see if there are any limitations.
What is Pensacola famous for?
There is lots to see and do in Pensacola. Some of Pensacola's most popular attractions are:
- Historic Pensacola Village
- Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Perdido Key State Park
Luckily, you can cruise to the one you want or see them all.
Know before you go
Before you begin on your Pensacola adventure, check out a few items before you leave the rental lot. You should:
- Inspect your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Pensacola car rental today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. CarRentals.com has the ideal car that can align with your requirements and not deplete your travel piggy bank.