What are the major attractions in Patras?
If your trip to Patras is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
Near the city center, Patras Town Hall is one attraction you might like to put on your must-see list. If you still have room on your schedule, Church of Agios Andreas and Georgiou I Square will keep you occupied, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Patras?
With some terrific day trip options in the surrounding area, renting a car makes sense. Without one, it wouldn't be half as easy to soak up all that Ithaki, 56 miles away, has to offer. Explore the area beginning with Archaeological Collection of Stavros Ithaca, Aphales Beach and Navy - Folklore Museum of Ithaca. Situated 59 miles away, Tripoli is another popular tourist destination. If you visit, be sure to check out Matzounio Central Public Library, Saint Vasilios Cathedral and Kapsia Cave.
Where are the best beaches near Patras?
Remember to pack the latest novel and maybe even a soccer ball. Patras has some lovely beaches you can drive to, including:
- Alykes Beach (12 miles away).
- Selianitika Beach (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Patras?
Here are our recommendations on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your pocket:
- Compare as many different bargain car rental deals as possible (we make that chore a breeze!);
- By submitting your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all the best bargains for your destination;
- Scan the deals at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A brief cab journey to a close-by car rental facility may result in substantial savings;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best rates;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be the same (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for another full day;
- If you're hoping to save a pretty penny, prepay for your rental and score some of the thriftiest rates around;
- Last of all, secure your wheels as soon as you possibly can to bag a load of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Patras?
A rental car will help you get around the best sights easily in Patras. If you're traveling on a shoestring and eager to stretch your budget, a mini or a compact is a great choice. These smaller cars are affordable to run and a cinch to park. If you've got the kids in tow, a full-size car will give you enough space to stretch your legs.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Patras?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice important. If you're about to embark on an amazing road trip around Patras, a spacious SUV could be a good choice. If you're looking for the best possible deal and plan on staying mostly in the city, an economy car is a smart pick. All you have to do is choose what'll suit you best, pack up the car, and hit the highway.