Where is Greece?
What better way could there be to uncover a new country than from behind the wheel of a rental car? You won't have any trouble hitting the wide open road in Greece after getting to know a few of the basics. You'll find Greece on the continent of Europe. Zoom further into the map and the capital, Athens, will jump out at you. If you're looking to find out how the country is run, a visit here is a great idea.
What are the major attractions in Greece?
What's the point of picking up a rental car if you're not going to check out this destination's most iconic sights? Greece boasts some truly unforgettable attractions. Here are a few you can't miss:
- Red Beach (4 miles from the center of Santorini, Greece)
- Paradise Beach (3 miles from the center of Mykonos, Greece)
- Super Paradise Beach (3 miles from the center of Mykonos, Greece)
What are the best road trip destinations in Greece?
With long stretches of smooth highways and inviting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Greece vacations into self-drive tours. If you're organizing an amazing road trip, it pays to know which cities to put on your itinerary. Discover some (or all) of this place's most famous cities:
- Athens (population of 664,000)
- Thessaloniki (population of 354,300)
- Volos (population of 86,000)
- Ioannina (population of 65,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Greece?
Here are our recommendations on how to hit the road with some savings in your wallet:
- Look into as many different cheap car rental companies as possible (we make that job child's play!);
- Check your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you in the know about all the great deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Search both airport and non-airport pickup office locations to ensure you're receiving the cheapest price in town;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, change your dates slightly to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- No one enjoys being hit with a late fee. Avoid having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are at similar times;
- Keep more dollars in your pocket. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental vehicle;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and zoom off with your dream set of wheels.