Car rentals in Oaxaca: All you need to know
You want a great car to take you around Oaxaca whether you're going for a business or pleasure. Explore the famous sites around the region and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Oaxaca. We've gathered your most popular questions about renting a car in Oaxaca. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I get a bargain car rental in Oaxaca?
You are well on your way to finding the best rate on your car rental with us. However, you can remember a couple things to keep your next rental affordable. Be sure to:
- Read through the mileage policy to steer clear of any surprise expenses
- Book your car rental as far in advance as possible
- Avoid airport pick-ups; they usually are pricier
- Compare weekly and daily rates; you may save more if you rent the car for longer
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Oaxaca.
What rental companies have retailers in Oaxaca?
From global names like Advantage and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Oaxaca?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Oaxaca. If you're having a bit of trouble choosing, make sure to go over our table below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Oaxaca?
Usually, to rent a car in Oaxaca you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read over the terms to determine any additional fees is before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Oaxaca?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you rent a car. With that said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, these policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it is required, you can just add it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
Most suppliers give you a full to full tank policy. We advise bringing it back topped off. If you want to keep your expenses lower, find a gas station before returning the vehicle.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Oaxaca?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you decide to do a little sightseeing or visit several business associates all over Oaxaca. You can drive wherever you want without incurring added charges. Go over your rental agreement to discover if there are mileage restrictions.
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check a few things before you leave the rental lot. You should:
- Inspect your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Oaxaca rental car today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. CarRentals.com has the ideal car rental that can align with your requirements and not deplete your travel piggy bank.