Where is Oaxaca?
Before you buckle up and head off on your next exciting adventure, let us give you some details about Oaxaca. This part of Mexico is home to approximately 262,600 people. If you're eager to find out what awesome things there are to do here, you could always have a chat to some of the locals.
What are the best road trip destinations in Oaxaca?
Oaxaca is an incredible place to take to the open road in your own rental vehicle. Crank up the music and enjoy the convenience of discovering all the region's gems dotted between each of its most appealing destinations. Explore some (or all) of this place's most famous cities:
- Oaxaca (population of 262,600)
- Salina Cruz (population of 73,600)
- Juchitan de Zaragoza (population of 67,600)
- Matías Romero Avendaño (population of 21,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Oaxaca?
Here are our top recommendations if you're looking to bag the best price on a rental car:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from the leading rental companies in just a couple of clicks;
- By entering your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all the unbeatable discounts for your location;
- Scan the offers at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and surrounding area. A short cab drive to a neighboring rental car office might mean big savings;
- You can sometimes save a pretty penny if your plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and find out what savings can be made;
- Nobody enjoys getting a late fee. Avoid paying for another day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Some places reward you handsomely for prepaying — keep your eyes peeled for these penny-pinching offers;
- Make your booking as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
What is the most popular rental car category in Oaxaca?
Bigger doesn't always mean better, and that's particularly true when it comes to your ride. In Oaxaca, compact cars are the most popular type of rental car for very good reasons. More miles from every gallon, zippier handling, and more environmentally friendly are only the start! If you intend to drive in Oaxaca or Salina Cruz, consider booking something compact and cute.
Of course, Oaxaca is known for its impressive rock formations, lakes, and coastal plains. Many intrepid adventurers skip town to savor these striking scenes. If that sounds good to you, consider booking an SUV or a full-size car. Even if you don't think you'll steer off the beaten track, you'll enjoy the extra space.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Oaxaca?
For some of us, owning a prestige vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting the car of your dreams is absolutely within your grasp! Picture yourself cruising into town in a fancy convertible, even if it's only for a few days. Or perhaps all you need is a trusty set of wheels to get you quickly and safely from point A to point B. Flashy or thrifty? Either way, there's a rental car to suit your style in Oaxaca.