Car rentals in Moscow: All you need to know
You need a great vehicle to take you around Moscow whether you're traveling for a business trip or a vacation. Check out the famous sites around the city and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Moscow. We've gathered the most popular questions about renting a car in Moscow. Keep reading to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where do I get a great deal on a car rental in Moscow?
CarRentals.com makes it a cinch to snag budget-friendly deals. Simply type in your travel dates and go through the list of rental car companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the best packages Moscow has to offer. You should also:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't rent more car than you need. Generally, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have retailers in Moscow?
From budget-friendly brands like Dollar and Thrifty to global names like Hertz and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Moscow?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Pennsylvania city means you're bound to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Moscow?
Typically, the age limit for renting a car in Moscow is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read over the terms to determine what the exact fee is before you rent your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Moscow?
Insurance is required, no matter where you're renting a car. However, you could already be covered by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide total coverage, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Look into it before you book and, if it is required, you can conveniently add it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for an open gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out winner. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Moscow.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Moscow?
If you wish to see all that Moscow and maybe even the rest of Pennsylvania offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Review the fine print to make sure they are truly "unlimited."
Before you drive off
Make sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the rental lot on your Moscow adventure. It's important to:
- Inspect the car and determine if there is any damage or scratches. If so, mark it down on the paperwork
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Moscow car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Moscow has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the highly-rated restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the marvelous sites in Moscow.