Car rentals in Modesto: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to take you around Modesto whether you're going for a business or pleasure. Explore the famous sites around town and park in front of the best restaurants in Modesto. We've gathered the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Modesto. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How do I get a bargain rental car in Modesto?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to grab the cheapest deals. Simply type in your travel dates and scroll down the list of car rental suppliers, select the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Modesto. You should also:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you can make sure you know the total cost before you book
- Determine the vehicle you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have retailers in Modesto?
We have around seven rental car companies to pick from in Modesto. You'll find some of the best providers, like Hertz. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Modesto?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Modesto. If you're having difficulty deciding, be sure to read over our table below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Modesto?
Generally, to rent a car in Modesto you must be at least 21. However, you may find that there is an additional charge if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category cars. Go over the supplier's terms to discover what any additional fees is before you book your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Modesto?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier, if you know your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip. Otherwise, as a United States citizen, you can also add on Collision Damage Coverage through CarRentals.com at checkout. Several credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) will offer coverage. But there may be limitations, such as not covering large vehicles such as trucks or SUVs. Be sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Modesto.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to find a gas station near your rental car supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out winner. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. .
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you plan to do some sightseeing or visit a lot of clients all over Modesto. You can drive wherever you like and not incur additional charges. Make sure to read your rental agreement to discover if there are any limitations.
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should take time to:
- Inspect the vehicle and be certain there is no damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Modesto car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Modesto has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the great restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Modesto.