Car rentals in Missoula: All you need to know
A Missoula car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Montana has to offer. We've gathered the most popular questions about renting a car in Missoula. Keep reading to discover how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I find a great deal on a rental car in Missoula?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to grab the best rates. Just type in your travel dates and go through the list of rental car suppliers, choose the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Missoula. You can also:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the true cost before you book
- Decide what car you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Missoula rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Missoula?
In Missoula, CarRentals.com has 5 car rental suppliers to pick from, like Budget. Read through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Missoula?
That all depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Missoula. If you're having difficulty choosing, be sure to go over our chart below. We have compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Missoula?
Normally, the age limit for car rentals in Missoula is 21. However, you may find that there is an additional charge if you are under 25 or for larger or higher category vehicles. Go through the terms to figure out what the exact price will be before you rent your car.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Missoula?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental. Otherwise, as a U.S. citizen, you can also book Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com at checkout. Although many of the major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, provide some insurance, there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you book a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check rental car supplier's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to search for a gas station near the drop-off location
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually advise that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for anyone who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Missoula adventure, go over a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Check out the vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Missoula car rental today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. CarRentals.com has the ideal car rental that can align with your requirements and not deplete your travel fund.