Car rentals in Malmo: All you need to know
A Malmo car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of the region has to offer. CarRentals.com has gathered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Malmo. Read on to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a great deal on a rental car in Malmo?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best price. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. You can:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you can make sure you know the true cost before you rent
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Normally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Malmo rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Malmo?
There are around 17 rental car companies in the Malmo area. You'll find well-known companies like National and Enterprise and wallet-friendly suppliers like Payless and Fox. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Malmo?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Malmo. If you're having a bit of trouble deciding, be sure to look over our chart below. We've compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Malmo?
Generally, to rent a car in Malmo you must be at least 21. However, there might be an added charge if you're under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category rentals. Go over the supplier's terms to discover what any additional fees is before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Malmo?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you rent a vehicle. However, you could already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, those policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Malmo. Check in advance and, if it is necessary, you can just include it at checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Malmo rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for a gas station close to your car rental supplier
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
At CarRentals.com, we recommend a full tank policy. You receive the car with a full tank, and you will want to return it with a full tank of gas. If you want to keep your expenses lower, it is best to find a filling station before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Malmo?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for those who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Tips before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few things before you leave the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Check out the vehicle and make certain there is no dents or scrapes. If so, mark it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Malmo car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Malmo has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the great restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Malmo.